If you are a potential homebuyer in the US and have researched real estate prices, you must be aware that buying a home is a costly proposition. The dream of owning a house is becoming more distant than ever for many people today. Fortunately, the tiny house movement has emerged, and it is no less than a boon for people wanting to own a home.
Is It Possible To Customize Premier Tiny Homes?
Tiny homes have proved to be the ideal solution to the current housing crisis. What makes these an excellent option for many is that they are customizable and affordable all at once. It means you can have a house of your own with all the unique features you want, without it costing you an arm and a leg. Whether you are looking at tiny premier homes or tiny houses on wheels, you are sure to find something to suit your needs and fit your budget.
How Much Does It Cost To Build a Tiny Home?
Permanent tiny houses can be an incredibly affordable housing option. Here is some information that will help you understand the pricing structure for tiny houses:
- If you can do without any frills, you might be able to get a commercially built tiny house in the $10,000- $15,000 range.
- This would be a basic structure with just some standard amenities, and the materials used in the construction might not be of high quality.
- The price of the structure would vary based on whether you build it yourself on tiny home lots for rent or hire a tiny house company.
- Another aspect that has a bearing on the project cost is whether you build the structure directly on the ground or on wheels.
- The area you build your tiny house in is another factor that determines the cost of the home, and some locations can be pricier than others.
You can discuss your requirements with an established tiny home dealer and find out which options are available to you.
DIY Tiny Houses
On average, you would end up spending between $25,000 and $35,000 in materials on a slightly more customized tiny home. If you want additional upgraded amenities and features, the cost will be upwards of $35,000. Since you have the flexibility to choose the materials and features, the sky is the limit in terms of styling, appearance, and cost.
Some people prefer to buy tiny homes that are move-in ready. Since there are several tiny homes builders on the market, you would have to research them to determine which options suit your requirements the best.
When most people think of tiny houses, they think about the types of structures they see in tiny home park models. These structures, built on wheels, are approximately 100 -400 sq feet and look very charming. They have all the basic amenities but in a scaled-down form.
How Can I Cut Costs On My Tiny Home Construction?
As mentioned earlier, if you turn this into a DIY project, you can get a tiny home for less than what you would spend if you hire a builder. Some other ways to reduce construction costs include:
- Use Reclaimed Or Surplus Wood-This is an excellent way to reduce your tiny home cost while doing your bit for the environment. Visit local timber yards and look for good pieces of reclaimed wood. Many construction sites have plywood sheets, which are another excellent option for saving money on your tiny home project. Opt for reclaimed doors and windows, and source other low-cost materials locally.
- Finance from Lenders-While a DIY project may cost a little less than hiring professional tiny homes builders; you might find it challenging to get financing. However, when you hire a professional tiny home company like us, you have access to financing options. We work with well-established lenders who specifically work in this space and provide financing for manufactured homes or tiny homes.
When you decide to live a less complex life and want a downsized residence, then a tiny home is the right option for you. If you are not 100% sure about whether this housing option is for you, look for a company that provides tiny home lots for rent.
You can rent a tiny home for a specific duration to determine whether this living option will suit you for the long term. You can then make a final decision once you have experienced living in a smaller space with limited amenities.
Are Tiny Homes Comfortable?
While the low price point of a tiny home is an attraction point, many people do not consider it seriously because they wonder whether it is a comfortable way to live. As mentioned earlier, you can customize your tiny home in the way you like. Some tiny home companies provide shells, and you can design and plan the interior spaces as per your preferences.
However, some companies offer ready-to-move-into tiny homes with luxurious amenities. If there is anything specific you want to be included, you can discuss your requirements with them so that your tiny home is exactly as you want it to be.
What matters is that your budget is entirely up to you, and you are in control. Discuss your requirements with the tiny homes builders and determine where you can save money without compromising quality. When you can get the house of your dreams at a fraction of the cost of the standard-sized single-family home, it is a win-win. If you genuinely want to embrace the minimalistic lifestyle and want to live in a community-style setting, then a tiny house is for you.
For more information about our tiny houses’ options and how our company can help you build one, please call Tiny Homes of Lake Norman at 704-489-6033. You can request a Free Quote, and one of our experts will call you shortly to discuss your requirements. As a highly reputable and well-established tiny house company, we can help design &build the ideal custom home for your needs in the most charming setting. Contact us with your requirements today.