Tiny houses are trending in a big way right now. The economy is not what it used to be; wages are at an all-time low, rents are sky-high, and student loans are an ever-present burden for so many millennials. These aspects make it easy to see why so many people are curious about the tiny home concept.
It can become one of the simplest ways to own a downsized version of your dream home and live a comfortable life. While you can indeed DIY your tiny house, it isn’t a feasible or practical option for everyone. Building this structure from scratch can take time and requires specific skills and knowledge that not everyone has.
Custom Designed Tiny Homes
The best way to overcome these issues is to contact one of the best tiny home builders in the market- Tiny Homes of Lake Norman. Depending on your requirements, we design and build a wide range of standard and premier tiny homes. We understand that no matter how tiny your home is, it still represents an investment. It is why we like to provide our potential clients with all the information and insights possible, to help them make a better-informed decision about the location and tiny home that will best suit their needs.
Steps To Finding A Tiny Home Dealer In Your State
Here is some information that will help you find a good tiny house builder:
1. What is the best way to start your search for a tiny house builder?
This is a common query from prospective tiny house buyers. This process isn’t very different from selecting a regular contractor, but with some twists. Some things to keep in view at this point include:
- Decide what tiny home style you are looking for
- You will find an endless array of size, configuration, and styling options, so ensure that the builder you contact offers the aesthetic and layouts you prefer.
- Check the builder’s experience and standing in the market. Ask them questions like how long they have been operating in the industry, the types of tiny homes on wheels they have built and how many similar projects they have handled/
- Ask them to show you their tiny home park models and organize a site visit so you can see the finished homes they offer.
- Ask them whether they have pre-set plans or offer customization options.
- Check about how busy they are and whether they would be able to complete and hand over your home on time.
- Check their pricing structure and materials lists. Most reputable builders try to stick to IBC Section 302.1 and NFPA 5000 standards, relating to basic building and fire safety codes.
- Ask them about their tiny houses on wheels options and check whether they are constructed to RVIA standards that govern RVs.
- NOAH certification is another good thing to have as it helps you gain admission more easily to campgrounds, resorts and other similar commercial areas.
2. Should you ask tiny house builders for references?
This is a crucial step in finding the right tiny house builder. When people buy tiny homes, they want to know whether the builder has a solid track record and the one way to find out is to ask them for testimonials and references. A credible company that is good at what it does will be more than happy to provide references of past clients.
If they seem hesitant in this respect, consider it a red flag.
3. How much does a tiny house cost?
The cost of a tiny house can be in the range of $7,000 to $30,000 and higher. This figure will vary by location, the builder, size and type of tiny house and the amenities you opt for. Regardless of the option, you select, you must get the final bid in writing and check what’s included and what isn’t. It’s also crucial that you get quotes from multiple builders and compare them on every count. Check what financing options they offer (if you need it).
4. Are there any zoning laws for tiny home park models?
Before you decide to buy a tiny house, check the local zoning laws. Here are some specific considerations:
- Some cities do not permit dwellings less than 400 sq ft in size, which causes issues.
- Other cities view tiny homes as campers and do not allow people to live permanently in them.
- Some municipalities don’t know how they should treat tiny houses on wheels because the movement is relatively new. Some states and cities and states have created special rules for tiny homes.
It’s best to consult with a tiny house company like ours so that you get current and accurate information regarding these laws and local zoning.
5. What Should You Look For In The Best North Carolina Tiny House Dealer?
When you start to look, you will find many small house builders in NC. However, if you want the right mix of quality, reliability, and affordability, you need to collaborate with a tiny house company like ours. There are many reasons for this, such as:
- We are one of the most reputable and experienced companies in this industry.
- We offer our clients a wide range of configurations and options, including tiny houses on wheels, tiny home lots for rent, and tiny home rentals.
- The rental options are perfect for those who want to get a firsthand experience of what it is like to live in a tiny home on Lake Norman before they buy one.
- We offer various amenity and feature options so you can get the type of tiny house you want.
- We do our best to use sustainable materials that insulate the house well; this helps keep it warm during wintertime and cooler in the summer months. Our company uses the best quality materials and workmanship in our tiny houses; you get value for money when choosing to buy your dream tiny home from us.
For more information about building a mountain tiny home, luxury tiny house in NC, call Tiny Homes of Lake Norman on this number- 843-300-5152. Alternatively, request a Free Quote, and one of our experts will contact you shortly to discuss your requirements.